- About WAC
- Information on WAC's programs, current officers, bylaws, and supporters.
- Upcoming events featuring or of interest to WAC members.
- Join WAC
- Who is eligible, what the benefits are, and how to join.
- Member Directory
- Profiles of WAC members, including lists of works.
- The on-line version of WAC's Newsletter.
- Past concerts, workshops, and other events.
- WAC and Wisconsin-centered composer opportunities, and pointers to more comprehensive lists.
- Other Web resources of interest to composers and new-music fans.
WAC 2023 Student Composition Contest
The Wisconsin Alliance for Composers (WAC) is accepting submissions for its 2023 Student Composition Contest. Prizes will include cash awards and live performances at the WAC New Music Festival at UW Oshkosh on Sunday, February 25, 2024.
WAC 2024 New Music Festival
The Wisconsin Alliance for Composers (WAC) is accepting submissions for its New Music Festival to be held at UW Oshkosh on Sunday, February 25, 2024.
2022 Student Composition Contest Winners
Announcing the winners of WAC's 2022 Student Composition Contest:
Elementary School Category
- First Prize: Dave Amadi “Cat vs. Lawnmower” (Robbins Elementary, Eau Claire)
- Honorable Mention: Brynn Holldorf “The Knight’s Adventure” (Sherman Elementary, Eau Claire)
- Honorable Mention: Tayvin Krenzelok “The Haunted House” (Locust Lane Elementary, Eau Claire)
- Honorable Mention: Michael Papadopoulos “Low Flying Hawk” (St. James Elementary, Eau Claire)
- Honorable Mention: Iris Wang “Small Tree” (Brookfield Elementary, Brookfield)
Middle School Category
- First Prize: Brianna Yang “The Abandoned Treehouse Mansion” (Richmond School, Sussex)
- Honorable Mention: Delana Marsh “The Primadona” (DeLong Middle School, Eau Claire)
- Honorable Mention: Allison Yang “Bright Morning” (Richmond School, Sussex)
High School Category
- First Prize: Aniket Singh “A Fallout Waltz” (Hamilton High School, Sussex)
- Honorable Mention: Charlie Plante “Woodwind Quintet No. 1” (Cedarburg High School, Cedarburg)
- Honorable Mention: Leo Rodda “Avalanche” (Appleton North High School, Appleton)
- First Place: Brock Daumler “Via Negativa” (Lawrence University)
- Honorable Mention: Mack Booth, “but does it djent?” (UW Oshkosh)
- Honorable Mention: Micah Gehring “Elegy” (UW Oshkosh)
- Honorable Mention: Joe Sandy, “Home, 2am” (UW Oshkosh)