Wisconsin New Music Festival 2022
Sunday, February 27th, 2022, 3pm, 4pm, and 5:15pm
UW Oshkosh Music Hall
Arts and Communications Center
1001 Elmwood Ave. Oshkosh, WI
3:00 Student Concert
Featuring winning compositions and honorable mentions from the WAC Student Composition Contest:
- Krin Blegen, "Midmorning Marmalade" for string quartet (Middle School Honorable Mention)
- Allison Yang, "The Story" for woodwind quartet (Middle School Honorable Mention)
- Charlie Plante, "Prometheus and the Theft of Fire for violin, cello, piano, and timpani (Middle School First Prize)
- Benji Hruska, "Wistful Waters" for oboe, viola, and piano (High School Honorable Mention)
- Connor Markohn, "Storm" for choir (High School First Prize)
- Leah Tollefson, "Theme and Variations" for clarinet and piano (Undergraduate Honorable Mention)
- Dane Slinger, "Alveolus" for baritone saxophone and drum set (Undergraduate First Prize)
Hear recordings of the winning compositions here.
4:00 WAC Member Concert I
Featuring music by Jeff Herriott, Yehuda Yannay, David Bohn, Stephen Dembski, and Ed Martin, with performances by acclaimed pianist Jeri-Mae G. Astolfi.
5:15 WAC Member Concert II
Featuring music by Joseph Koykkar, Brien Carney, Michael Bell, and John Mayrose, with performances by Allen Cordingley, Scott Grende, Kirstin Ihde, Scott Lewis, Paul Rowe, and Drew Whiting.
[WAC Main Page]
Copyright © 2022 Wisconsin Alliance for Composers. All rights reserved.
Last updated 17 May 2022. Contact information.